When we live in high stress states and are constantly switched on with work or social media , let's add stimulants like coffee, alcohol, sugar and its a wonder why we have sleeping issues .......
But what else can affect sleep ?
- Hormone imbalances , ages and stages.
- Genetics ( early bird or night owl )
- Low Vitamin D levels
- Low Iron levels
- Low Magnesium levels
- Thyroid function
- Light pollution ,noise and smells.
- Temperature in room - over heating
- High activity prior to bed
- Diet -Refined sugars and additives
Taking sleep medications can affect your brain long term as it stops the body getting good REM ( deep ) sleep which is vital for memory and brain function.
One of my first points I go to for chronic insomnia is getting a good sleep hygiene checklist together .
I like to assess the following in testing - Adrenals ,hormones, neurotransmitters for the best natural steps forward.
Here are some of my favourite natural sleep aids
I can assist with supporting your circadian rhythms CONTACT me to get your individual sleep formula .